Coconut Raisin Oatmeal...

On a grey, cool day...
oatmeal is a comfort food

but, before the oatmeal was prepared...
I had to take a turn around the cottage to say "good morning"

Shadow led the way



join me, dear readers, if you please



see? here waits a tiny hummingbird, resting momentarily...
from his morning breakfast excursion of nectar

he says, "good morning" to you all



I am most interested in how my cowpeas are doing


as you can see, the vines have flowered and...
look! there are some bean pods coming out


the truth is...
I think these are the cowpeas I planted...
I forgot to label them when the seeds were sown

but, oh! how pretty the flowers, no matter what they are


and there! a little finch who's nest just fledged a wee one...
and mama and papa are busy this morning picking up tiny seeds for baby

"good morning to you, too, Mrs. Finch"


on the stair deck leading to the verandah...
is a potted rose bush that is now blooming

I couldn't help but pick the bloom for the morning breakfast table


for two people...
I put in 1 cup of water
1/2 cup of oatmeal
a stick of cinnamon
dash of sea salt
and let it come to a simmer, stirring often


once it simmered for a few minutes till mostly cooked...
I put in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and simmered till the oatmeal was well cooked...
and to a consistency thickness that we like
if needed, more liquid can be added


raw honey was added to sweeten as we like...
and some raisins


this indeed, is a blessing from the Lord by His grace

My Beloved is gone down into His garden,
to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens,
and to gather lilies.
I am my Beloved's,
and my Beloved is mine:
He feedeth among the lilies.
Solomon's Song 6:2,3

May your day or night be ever so fragrant in the Lord's garden of grace.