Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Love...

Are you a peanut butter lover?
I am.
I could sit with a big spoonful, maybe two...
and eat it all by itself.
But, my favorite is homemade peanut butter.


Oh, Foxie.

Yeah, Mom?


Would you like to help mommy shell the peanuts?

Wellllll...I was really hoping you would throw some balls for me.
And, really mommy,  peanut butter isn't my favorite food, especially when it sticks to the roof of my mouth. yuk.


Go on, then girl, and fetch your ball.

*****
I buy raw peanuts and roast them lightly to get the peanut taste going...at about 200* in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
They are then cooled and shelled.


Honey, salt, peanut oil, spoon and a food processor are the added ingredients.
Put the peanuts into the processor and pulse about 20 times...


it should look about so in the photo below...
kind of crumbly but, not smooth, yet.


For every cup of peanuts...
 put in 1/8 tsp sea salt...
1/4 tsp honey...
1/2 tsp peanut oil
Turn the processor on and put in the ingredients...
bringing it to almost smooth.
From there, take a taste and see if you need to add any more of the ingredients to taste.
This is really about how you like your peanut butter to taste...
how thick or thin you want it. 


Once you are satisfied with the taste...
continue processing until smooth.
Optional: if you like chunky peanut butter...
you can add whole peanuts and just give it a few pulses to chop the peanuts into smaller sizes.


Spoon into a super clean jar.


May your day or night be smooth going by God's grace.
 Puppy 2 


7 comments :

  1. PB is my favorite thing to eat. Right out of the jar with a spoon...and a glass of milk! I have never tried to make my own, but might just have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. toooooo weird...I just made some today, and was going to post about it, but then I'm 4cm dilated and contracting a bit so didn't really feel like it...

    your recipe is exactly the same as mine - so weird

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how excited Mr. C will be when I tell him we can make this at home, without the expensive machine we used at the Country Market. He looked up the price of that particular machine, and it was a couple thousand dollars if I remember correctly. I can't wait to go and buy peanuts and try this, thank you so much for sharing!!! Can you tell I'm excited?lol

    BTW, I've awarded your blog, just wanted to pass along the goodness, since someone was thoughtful enough to pass one onto me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm...i love peanuts but not so much peanut butter...crazy, i know!!

    but, we're a gluten free family too! :)

    mm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I a peanut butter lover? You better believe I am! My dad got me hooked on PB when I was a kid. In my book, a big spoonful is the best way to eat it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am impressed you made that look so easy and wow does it look good!! thanks for sharing I am gonna have to try this out :) ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you process this and keep it long term??

    ReplyDelete