How About some Hot Pepper Sauce...?

Just as I was getting ready to try that green tomato relish...
my husband harvests 15 pounds of cachucha seasoning peppers
these little peppers have just a hint of heat
This is our pepper patch's 5th round of harvest...
it went to market
but, I had enough to need finding something to do with our share


My husband loves hot pepper sauce on his food...
we usually buy it and it hit me over the head...
why don't I make it myself?!
Pepper sauce is not hard to make
there are so many different things you can use
my sauce will be more of a caribbean flavor, only not quite as hot
you can add 1 or 2 hot peppers if you like your sauce hot
this recipe makes about 3 cups thereabouts
the ingredients in my recipe are:

20 cachucha, aka sweet variety of the scotch bonnet seasoning peppers
1 to 2 hot habanero peppers
1/2 cup diced green papaya or mango
1 whole ripe lime, chopped & seeded
1/4 cup cherries (optional)
1/2 cup green tomatoes (green works best)
1 heaping TBsp minced fresh ginger (or 1 tsp powder)
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp fresh minced tumeric (or 1/4 tsp powder)
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black or white pepper
1 & 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1 TB raw honey

put them all in the blender...


pulse a few times...
then, blend away till smooth


once it's smooth as you like...
taste and add anything you feel is missing


bottle it in a very clean or sterile container
because it has vinegar in it...
you can store in your pantry or on the counter...
but, feel free to refrigerate if you'd like
we slathered our grilled chicken with this

the verdict?
in my husband's words...
"this pepper sauce is good!
it's better than the store bought"
From now on...
our hot sauce is homemade...
from our own farm ingredients


May your day, or night be seasoned with God's grace.