Coconut Flour...

As a gluten-free eater...
substitutions must be made when cooking or baking

coconut flour is a good sub when wheat flour is a no-no...
so, when I make coconut milk...
I don't throw out the coconut fiber after the liquid is squeezed out


It gets put on a cookie sheet...
and dried in a low temperature oven until it's completely dry to the touch...
but, not brown

I put the dried fiber in a food processor...
and pulverize it until it is soft and fine


it will feel like holding cotton in your hands

I keep my coconut flour in the freezer to keep it fresh

if you cannot come by a coconut...
you can make your own flour with store-bought coconut flakes...
just make sure it is un-sweetened

you can make coconut milk with it before pulverizing into flour...
you'll get the best of both worlds that way...
milk and flour

most people use hot water to "milk" their coconut flakes...
you can do it if you like, I don't...
I just put the flakes in a blender, add warm, not hot water till it covers the flakes...
and blend until it looks like mush
pour it into a clean dish towel over a large strainer placed over a bowl...
( you can view my coconut milk post for more detailed views )
and squeeze the towel till no more liquid comes out

then, you can use the fiber to make the flour
 a good and healthy alternative for gluten-free (and non-gluten-free) eaters


May the Lord bless your day, or night.