Sweet Friday


The bougainvillea running along our fence at the front gate...
gives me a sweet pleasure to look at when I walk along it
it stays blooming most times since it started to flower...
and there is nothing like having something blooming in the yard to brighten a day 



the crops down by the river are doing fine...
and we have been harvesting sweet corn which we enjoy in the evening times
we love to roast the corn on it's cob, and while my husband likes his just as it is...
I slather butter and sprinkle sea salt on mine


the corn growing in the garden behind the cottage is growing ears also...
and the honey bees have been busy collecting from the corn flowers



my anise hyssop seems to be struggling a bit...
but, I'm guessing it may be stressed from too much rain
since they are potted, I will be putting them in a drier spot and hand watering for now...
and giving them a little extra feeding to boost them a bit
when a plant is potted, it really does need a bit more attention
someday, I will be planting my anise hyssop into the ground in my future herb garden


but, the butterflies tell me they still find nectar in the blooms of the anise hyssop


the picture of butterflies feeding on the flowers delight me



 I cut back my rose bushes a month ago...
and already they are blooming with new roses



now that our sweet and creamy avocados are ready to take from the trees...


we have been dining quite well on them and adding them to our green salads from the garden
is there anything fresher tasting than that?



every so often, I enjoy a warm cup of vanilla milk sweetened with raw honey


very simple to make, it just takes a cup of milk, about a 1/4 tsp of vanilla...
and the amount of honey to satisfy one's own sweet taste


a nice break from regular tea or coffee to sit and enjoy a preening chicken at the door...
for reading by...
or just to enjoy the new day with


how thankful I am that...

His anger endureth but a moment;
in His favour is life:
weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

May your day or night find joy in the Lord's gracious favour.