Thursday, April 7, 2011

Farm Additions!...

Come on down the road with us...
to pilgrim's cottage and farm...
Come see what we have gone and done...
My husband and I talked of it long enough...
we finally bit the bullet and bought our milking goats...
Well...one is a female...
the other, a male.

We are strangers to them...
so they look at us a little strangely...
wondering, what is this place...
and who are these people.

I kept company with them for a while...
trying to aquaint ourselves...
They stood and stared with suspicion in their eyes...
just standing and staring for a long time...
I sat on a rock and started to sing low and soft...
She moved her head with a little cock to it as if to say...
what is that noise?

He brought his head up and looked right at me...

For a minute, I thought it was a mistake to sing...
then, they both suddenly stopped all the staring...
and bent their heads to graze.

 Still with just a little suspicious look in his eyes...
cautiously keeping one on me...
Once we've earned their confidence...
I'll think of names for them.
But now, I won't need to buy raw goat milk...
we will have our own.
Later today...
I will be learning to hand milk a goat.

God calls on his people to feast on Him and His word...

"Ho, every one that thirsteth,
come ye to the waters,
and he that hath no money;
come ye, buy, and eat;
yea, come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price."
Isaiah 55:1

May your day, or night, be blessed.


9 comments :

  1. A very sweet and touching post...I love the goats!!! My sister wants goats sooo bad, I will foward this over to her. I laughed when you sang and said they wondered what the noise was. hehehe.
    Love that scripture.
    Have a wonderful day...Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting for you all! What a lovely pair. Can't wait to hear how the milking goes, hope she is good and still for you.

    What a precious passage of scripture, thanks for sharing that great reminder, God is so good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the additions to your family. I have really enjoyed looking through your blog. May the Lord bless you this day.
    Hugs,
    Julia (New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet faces! I know you will become friends.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Picture! My wife love goats and now she wants to keep them inside the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh-are they adorable or what! Lucky them, for they ave you!
    Have a wonderful weekend...
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Billy Goat looks like he could cause a little damage if he wanted too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love goats, alwasy wanted one, a miniature one for a pet, never thought about a milk goat. i just love all animals. these are truly beautiful. hope you are getting used to them and ready with a name.

    ReplyDelete