Thursday, September 1, 2011

Corn is Capital!...

Through the years,
I wasted so many great ears of corn
 by the boiling method...
which leaches out much of the nutrients and taste.


our corn is ready to harvest in field number one...
so are the ones on the stalks against the cottage


I took a couple of ears...
they couldn't have looked better


forget the boiling method...
let's go roasting (or grilling);
then...
slather with good old fashion real butter
and sprinkle with the true taste of real sea salt

 oh yum!

May your day, or night be full of sweetness.

4 comments :

  1. Yup, that's just how ours looks when we cook it on the grill!
    Try plantain wrapped in foil on the grill. Wait till the skin turns black, roll it on the table to soften it up a little, wrap it in foil, and grill it. It is fantastic, with the consistency of mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corn looks very good. I will have to try that. We used to have several acres and grew our own vegetables but we don't live there anymore and don't have the space for a garden. Seeing your photos almost makes me homesick. I enjoy seeing your beautiful animals, too. Have a good rest of the week. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, your posts makes me hungry, even if I did just eat breakfast.lol Beautiful corn! I grew up in the corn belt, and wouldn't touch corn as a child, (strange, I know...) but now I love it! So glad to have learned the more nutritious way to prepare it, thanks for sharing your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete