Wednesday, December 7, 2011

While We Looked Away...

and while this first chickie was growing...


and growing we hope into an egg laying hen...


Penny, Big Red's hen number two...
was sitting on an egg
just one

but, looked what hatched out while we weren't looking


we knew Penny was brooding on her egg but...
we got a tiny chick sooner than our calculations


Mama Penny presents our second chick bred on Pilgrim's farm


yeah, Mama Penny...
you did good and baby is doing fine

until we know for sure, it's a "she"
more eggs...please?

May you have a fine day, or night.


8 comments :

  1. Ah,so wonderful! Beautiful pictures! May You have a fine day or night! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this truly very sweet and a nice surprise too! :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice surprise...Good job Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama Penny and baby are cute! Hoping you are surprised by eggs next.
    .... I like your blog, the pictures of the garden, and posts about faith are lovely.
    Blessings :) Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog-I love your pictures-I love your animals and your simple life style. God bless you-I will visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been awhile since I've been to your lovely blog . . . I need to begin visiting again, as I have always enjoyed viewing the photos from your farm.

    ~M. Wildflower

    ReplyDelete