Busy as Bees, We Are...

My husband set up a new beehive to accommodate the increasing crowdedness...
of an older beehive which has been thriving to our satisfaction  


so far, the bees he brought to the new hive seem content with their new placement


and while the bees got busy with setting up their new home...
I took up the loaded guava branch that had bent over a little too heavily...


and broke before the branch could be supported with something stable to hold it up


I did first aid on the branch with some masking tape...


then, wrapped the taped area with plastic string


and our farmhand cut a strong support stick to keep the repaired branch in place and stable


I've done this before with success, so...
hopefully, this will do the trick until the guavas are ready for picking...
and then, I'll just trim off the broken branch

there are about 12 guavas on this one branch and I'd like the opportunity to taste them...
in their ripe stage


the "sleeping hibiscus" bushes have been growing steadily higher along the bamboo fence...
and blooming with lots of red flowers

but, as pretty as they looked, the bushes really needed some good pruning


the pruned branches will not go to waste


knowing how much our cow likes these for a good treat...


my husband pruned a good bit of the hibiscus...
gathered up the branches, leaves and blooms...
and carried them off to the cow


this little dove has taken to the new kitchen garden...
she sits there to sun herself and watches my puttering with a sleepy gaze


I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
my soul shall be joyful in my God;
for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments,
and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

For as the earth bringeth forth her bud,
and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth;
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to spring forth before all the nations.
Isaiah 61: 10,11  

and here is my song, indeed!

May your day or night be decked with the jewels of God's grace.