The Colors of Fruits...


It wouldn't surprise me if the Lord gave fruits their lovely colors...
so we could enjoy them by sight as well as by tastebuds


the guava trees are winding down for the season

and while the chickens milled around my fruit bucket looking to steal one away...
although it was still empty at this point...
they do know I put freshly picked fruits in there



it's safer to hang the bucket out of their beaky reach as it's filled



a few were already spoken for by tiny bird beaks...



and quite a few found their way to the ground while no one was looking
you'd think the chickens would feast on those instead of what is in my bucket



I had to make two trips for the guavas



as I put this bucket down...
there beside it, was a little mango tree coming up

after we've eaten a fruit...
we often throw the seed out anywhere we can throw them...
because more often than not...
it will take root and grow



which is what happened with the Mexican Sun Flowers growing behind the cottage



the sunflowers threw out their seeds and did a better job at sowing them...
than I did



they've grown bigger and thicker with lots more flowers...



than the first time seeds were put into the ground



the doves enjoy the guavas...
and I found the nest of this pair in the cherry tree right below this tree

these birds know what they are doing
that is what I call...
local food close to home



the tomatoes have not stopped coming as yet



I take my fruit bucket and a couple of bags...
trekking down the path, passing banana trees...



and the cocoa orchard



and it looks like some cocoa pods may be close to harvesting time



as far as the tomatoes go...



I've been freezing them for future use when there aren't so many to pick after this crop


and you probably already know...
the tomato is a fruit...
not a vegetable

how delicious

to see a tomato vine reminds me that Jesus Christ said...

I am the vine, ye are the branches:
He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing.
John 15:5

truly, a wonderful thing

May your day or night find fruit in the grace of God.