Coconut Oil Use on Pilgrim's Farm


This post will not be about the greatness of coconut oil

while it is a good oil when made without over-processing and chemicals...
I do not know all the possibilities of coconut oil...
so I won't be pretending great knowledge in this food but...
nevertheless...
coconut and it's meat and oil is a good, healthy food...
and it's used in remedies for different health issues around the world

if you want to research more on health benefits of coconut oil...
there are many websites that give the information
just make sure you sift through the gimmicks and such to get real info

in our case here on Pilgrim's Farm, we enjoy using it over any other oils on the market...
and I much prefer the unrefined oil, for sure

one of my favorite ways of using coconut oil is in cooking and baking
it makes a great substitution for other oils or even butter

because I get my coconut oil from the local ladies...
it still has the taste of coconut in it and I like the taste


 it is easy to solidify and use as a skin cream
easy to whip up and use as a "butter" spread
as a butter spread, a little raw honey, or maybe some spices mixed in...
can rev up the taste on a piece of toast or cracker


I do like to use it in my dogs' food as the good fat in the coconut helps with giving soft, shiny fur...
about a tablespoon a couple of times a week for my 90 pound dog...
about a teaspoon for my 40 pound dog

sometimes, because we live in the tropics, the ants like to come around my dogs' dishes...
when the dogs haven't eaten every morsel as yet
I take a few drops of coconut oil on my finger and slide it around the rim of the dishes...
and the ants don't even bother coming around

if we are having a seasonal influx of sand flies...
I smear just enough coconut oil on my legs and arms...
and moisturize my skin at the same time


whenever one of my pots become burned from a food that was cooking in it...
I have found that scrubbing coconut oil on the burned parts will help loosen the dirt...
as long as the burn is not hardened too much

coconut oil works great on sap that has leaked into the water from unpeeled green bananas...
onto the sides of the pots and has become gluey...
that is...
if I have forgotten to add a 1/4 teaspoon of oil to my pot of water before cooking


coconut oil when it has not been too refined tends to have a thick and creamy texture to it
and will solidify easily during the night when the breezes blow through our windows

and although it looks lovely in a cup...
we do not drink it like this


it is much too rich and even coconut oil should be eaten in moderation
coconut proponents do say...
a tablespoon of coconut oil taken each day, is good for you


it is written of Jesus Christ...

Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
Thou lovest rightseousness,
and hatest wickedness:
therefore God, thy God,
hath appointed Thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Psalm 45:6,7

May your day or night be well oiled in the grace of the Lord.