Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just Part of a Farm & Cottage Day's Work...

I love having animals...
they make for a more interesting life...

While I hung the laundry...
this big guy here below (90 pounds of him)...

managed to jump a 5 foot gate to the short crop area...
in other words...
he's on the wrong side of the fence!
That's my Shadow...
always looking for something interesting to do...
but, trampling on the new short crops ought not to be one of them...
he changed his mind, though and hugged the fence to get back inside the cottage compound...
so, it wasn't hard to coax him back through.
As for my potager garden...

my design for it is finished...
and the guys will get to work on it shortly...
after they cut down the bamboo for the enclosement...
it's that 90 pound dog...
who seems to like digging and laying on newly turned soil.
I am determined my garden will stay nice and pretty...
with both dogs outside of it.
By the way...
that is sugar cane growing, if you look past your's truly in the photo above...
all part of growing as much of our own food as possible.

May your day, or night be a garden of God's grace.    Gardening 

4 comments :

  1. I'm so glad I visited your wonderful blog! It sounds like you have a wonderful life in the country.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love having fresh food from the garden in the warm months. I am already dreaming about it. Looking forward to seeing your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful...my garden failed terribly last year ....I think a green house would be the way to go here in Southern California..at some point I would like to get one up and try again. ~Good Luck with your garden May it be filled to the Brim with Bounty and Harvest keeping your family Healthy~ Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are successful keeping the dog away from your garden, we've not succeeded yet.

    I had the prettiest bean patch last spring, and wouldn't you know it, Mr. Farley got all tangled up in my homemade trellis made of strings and sapling branches. He also chose that spot to wallow in, and completely destroyed that portion of the garden.

    Not only that, we put out several hostas in the only location they would grow here in the shade near our front door. Our daughter also purchased two beautiful shrubs for that area, and Mr. Farley did it again, he destroyed every single plant in that area because he wanted the cool dirt to lie on.

    We're already making our battle plan before it gets too hot for him and he tries to reclaim his spot. We are bound and determined not to let him win, we shall see.lol

    ReplyDelete