Monday, March 14, 2011

Sweet as Honey in the Honeycomb...

Honey...
what could be sweeter?
There is something sweeter than honey...
I'll tell you at the end of the post.

In the meantime...
my husband went honey hunting...
but, he didn't need to go far.
We have a beehive...
and it was growing a lot faster than expected!
Our bees have been busy...
and were getting a bit crowded.
Honey was dripping out...
and so...
my husband put in more wax cones for them into the hive.
He brought in a few combs dripping with "young" honey...
meaning...
it could have stayed a bit longer.
There just wasn't enough room in the combs.
We ate some of the honey straight from the comb...
and squeezed the rest out and strained it into a bottle.
So sweet, I coughed and choked on it at the first...
and drizzled the rest onto a piece of flatbread.
Needless to say, it was good! 
What can be sweeter than honey?

"How sweet are Thy words unto my taste!
yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through Thy precepts I get understanding:
therefore I hate every false way."
Psalms 119 : 97-104

May you have a honey of a day, or night
 


7 comments :

  1. What a good sign that you have healthy bees! Your honey looks absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fresh honey looks so good! Glad your bee population seems to be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet - in more ways than one! :)

    Your honey and the honeycombs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking from a bit of nature to sustain yourself and then giving back -- it's a beautiful thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE honey, and also love what is sweeter than honey. a great post. but i am afraid of bees. thanks for stopping by and reading Jakes story today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I love honey!! I think I may be drooling lol! We have a ton of bees they love our eucalyptus trees....I am not sure if they are the right sort of bees to make honey but I was telling my hubby wouldn't it be grand if we could gather the honey!! Enjoy your honey it looks so beautiful ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the HONEY, and your post. God gives us so many tangible word pictures, "sweeter than honey", and His words are, aren't they? I've been away for a few days and was glad to have time to stop by for a visit here today. Enjoy that precious gift of your honey! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete