Monday, October 22, 2012

Morning Breakfast...

Before breakfast...
I took a turn around the gardens


the white ginger lilly plants are growing alongside the water tank...
and blooming very prettily with a heavenly scent the breeze carries through the yard
if only you could smell them!

eventually...
the ginger lily will give some covering to the tank...
making it a little more obscure


the "volunteer" cucumber plant in my tomato patch is creeping along the fence


my husband put up a trellis above the garden for the vine to climb...
and eventually, the vine will hang from the top rather than along the ground

it will help keep the cucumbers off the dirt and we'll pick them nice and clean


here's hoping for lots of cukes to eat


my husband made breakfast...
he is good at making salt fish cakes and salt fish souse...
and we had boiled green bananas and sweet avocado with them

we don't care for the riches of the world...
the Lord has given us food and raiment and a little home to live in

and even better, He blessed us with life eternal beyond this earthly life...
what more do we need? 


Two things have I required of thee:
deny me them not before I die:

Remove far from me vanity and lies:
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with food convenient for me:

Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say,
Who is the Lord?
 or lest I be poor, and steal,
and take the name of my God in vain.
Proverbs 30:7-9

May your day or night be fed with the food of God's grace.

11 comments :

  1. That passage of scripture you shared, carried us through a very trying time, where a former employer did everything possible to make my husband feel very odd, and tried his best to convince us to be discontent for the simple way of life we have chosen. We've made decisions, to do all things as unto the Lord and not unto men. We have learned that "sweet contentment", and do not strive for the "things of this world". This man could not understand us or our happiness in the Lord. We fight daily to keep worldliness out, and simply rest in God's provision for our daily lives. It is a blessed place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning breakfast, afternoon or evening breakfast. Yours looks good

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely scripture to think about today! Thank you! Your photos are beautiful! and your breakfast looks scrumptious! Have a very blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely breakfast and wonderful words to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings, Your pictures seem almost alive. I love your wee new little addition!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your breakfast reminds me of lunch, but it still looks good from here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying all your lovely pictures again. Your breakfast looks very yummy. I love it when men can cook. My hubby is a very good breakfast cook as well. He enjoys it, but doesn't do it very often... only when he has some extra time. I love your lush green. Everything seems to grow so wonderfully. Also, your new little chickie is so precious. It makes me think of Jesus when he says "Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often like a mother hen I have longed to gather you under my wings... " It is a sad scripture, but when ever I see a mama hen and chick in real life, I see how beautifully warm and safe and cozy that little chick is, and that is how Jesus wants us to feel in His presence. Have a great week,

    Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green is just amazing we are so brown here so I just love seeing all you green!! Have a great week Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pictures.
    I love your attitude of gratitude.
    How blessed we are... our Heavenly Father loves us and watches over us.

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts.

    Smiles :)
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for a post which reminds us of how we should be living every day....we were at a Harvest service in a church near us last night.....we were reminded by the preacher that for us this year may not have brought in a bumper harvest but we should rejoice nevertheless. We have food on our tables enough and to spare. Our churches are decorated for these services and we show our corn, wheat, veg, fruit and so on around the windows....we sing special hymns for this time of year and we praise God for all His goodness to us all through the year.....especially for what He has done for us so that, as you say, we shall live with him for eternity....and on that note our preacher told us that this life is just a staging post for the next life - it is but a little dot and we shall be in Heaven for ever and ever and ever....and his last words were 'wouldn't you be a fool if you weren't there to enjoy God's presence for ever and ever?' Amen (forgive my rambling on and on).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I waaaant that breakfast! It looks fabulous! That is one of my favorite verses.
    Thank you for bringing such beauty to the Internet Jean.
    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete