Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lacey Whisper...

From my kitchen window...


I can see these two very large trees

the one tree is brilliant with orange colored blossoms...
but...


I am partial to pink blossoms


I don't know the name of the orange blossomed tree...
the one in pink is the Glory Cedar tree


it is from this window that I can see them from...
towards the left in with the cocoa orchard

it's been a year since living with the window bare...
now, today, it has a little lace valance


just barely there...
only a whisper of creamy lace


from my garden...
I took some sprigs of two different mints...
and hung them with a bit of natural string...
the breeze coming through the window gives off a minty fragrance


made two bows from the string


to make the hanging loop...


I tied the string around my little finger...


and tied a bow
(please forgive my dirty hands, I was out in the garden, and hadn't scrubbed down as yet)


easy to do


and there you can see the whole deal...
just a whisper at my window



May your day, or night be filled with the fragrance of God's grace.


4 comments :

  1. Jean, thank you so much for showing the beautiful trees and your pretty kitchen window at my party. I would normally be a little jealous of your pretty view and sunny weather but it is not too bad here today. It is unusually warm for this time of the year with mild temperatures and lots of sunshine. Although pink is my favorite color, too, that tree with the multitude of orange blossoms is very beautiful. Wasn't it thoughtful of God to give us a variety of spectacularly beautiful things to enjoy? Take good care of all the animals and have a great week!!------ Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! The perfect little touches to your window, I love it all! And those signs, I wish I knew how to reproduce vintage signs, I'd love to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PC, I just love these mini virtual vacations @ your beautiful little Paradise. Love my Nevada - but this winter is especially brown and dry. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what a delight to get to come here to your blog and rest and ENJOY seeing your corner of God's beautiful creation! I wonder if your stunning orange-flowered tree is a Royal Poinciana? There were several in full bloom in the garden that flanked the back entry to my husband's Mom's hospice bedroom in her last days. We could look out the window through a filter of green nodding foliage of all sorts, and there was a canopy of those deep orange flowers sparkling through overhead. I gathered a handful of their seeds in the times I was able to wander through the foot paths there. The lady who grew the garden for the hospice was an octogenarian who had started it all years ago and still came weekly to tuck starters in here and there, clip back the rambunctious vines, and tend the orchids hung from the craggy oak tree. I, too, love pinks over orange. But I think God allowed us to be right there in that time so we could see those blooms from our dark room...like a sunset of petals. He is SO good! I enjoy your blog so much and want to leave comments on all your posts, Jean :-) I'm enjoying my shabbat and coming here is so relaxing, and getting to see the amazing details in your pictures helps me worship Him all the more....shabbat shalom!

    ReplyDelete