Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Splash in the Eye...

Being partial to soft colors...
it's not often I bring in the more dashing, bolder colors...
to decorate the cottage


however...
when my husband brought over a sprig of red bougainvillias...
from down in the bush...


well...
the color just caught my attention...
like a splash in the eye

so, I snipped a few purple flowers from off a bush by the cottage...


put them all into a green bottle...
and sat the bottle on the veranda ledge

perky, with a little cheer


if you haven't done so, as yet...
don't forget to put your comment in for a free 8 ounce jar of Pilgrim's Farm raw honey
you can do it in this post...
or go to this post


May your day, or night have some perky cheer in it.

9 comments :

  1. Jean, I think there is going to be lots of competition for your honey. How nice that you are getting new friends who are interested in your farm. I'm not sure if we need to enter on each post or just one time but I will again say enter my name, just in case. Have a great day!---- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new banner of the seashells. Bold colors are just as important as soft ones.
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, bright touch..so very pretty! Happy Valentines Day to you and your sweetie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful giveaway. I have only just read your blog for the first time, and am looking forward to reading more of it. Happy valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, your flowers are so beautiful...gives me warm feelings after some cold snowy days we have had here. I love your lace curtains...I have some but not quite as pretty. Do you mind if I ask who makes such pretty ones? Blessing fro your Valentines Day! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers! Those are the colors we had in our wedding! Lots of red and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, all, for your nice compliments! Shannon, you only need to enter once. Gail, the lace curtains were bought at one of the sewing stores in Florida a few years ago when they went on sale. I think the store was JoAnn's Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers and an interesting blog to read. Thanks.

    Sylva K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying your wonderful pictures. It is cold here but the snow did melt today.
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete