Thursday, April 19, 2012

Of Pineapples, Roses and Puffballs...

My mouth got to watering for these pineapples


patience is a virtue indeed...


something, I would love to have more of


but, while I wait for these pineapples to come to sweet maturity...
I will enjoy watching them bathe in the sunlight


and marvel that this tiny, once elusive flycatcher...
no longer hides itself in the trees


meanwhile...
because I would like more of these around Pilgrim's Cottage...


as I pruned my rose bushes...
my husband suggested putting some of the cuttings into dirt


I did...
and this is what happened


the cuttings are putting out branches and leaves!


now, that is monies saved

rose bushes aren't cheap here
more roses, please


as evening shadows began to close the curtains over daylight...


and the chickens marched into the coop to settle in...
and just before I closed the door...
I counted heads to make sure all were in


and mama Milly and her puffballs forgo the nest box...


and cozy deep down...


into a soft mattress of dry grass


I'm tempted to join


yeah, Milly and chickies...
nighty-night...
sleep tight


May your day, or night be cozy in God's grace.


puffballs doing calisthenics

16 comments :

  1. Oh....babies, and so cute at that.

    Adorable, little ones, and Mom's cute too.

    Great idea with the roses.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Love the pineapples...Have you read "The Pineapple Story"?...a book written by a missionary.
    I'm a bit behind on my blog reading...been busy around our house! Nice to catch up a bit! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keri, no I haven't read "The Pineapple Story" but, will check it out. I'm intrigued. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I do love stopping by here, and getting a good dose of cuteness! That picture of Penny and her puffs, nestled in the grass did my heart good!

    Wonderful news about multiplying your roses, w/out having to spend more. We're trying to do the same w/ our Crepe Myrtle's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. C. It does my heart good to see your visits and comments.

      Delete
  4. I love watching my plants enjoy the sunlight too! I bet you get a lot more opportunities than I do, considering I live in the soggy Pacific Northwest. I can't wait for summer, but looking at your plants is like a dose of sunshine. Thanks for a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your puffballs. They are so cute and fluffy, whilst looking quite comfortable nestling in their dry straw. :)

    You always take such gorgeous photographs! BTW, I can almost taste those fresh pineapples myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so precious!!!! I had a little guy that couldn't get out of its egg. Only one foot....very very sweet picture. You must come and see......oh and we have a new baby stallion at Prairie Flower Farm his name is Denali......you will love him. He is a gift........from God! We are so thankful!

    Hugs from my farm sweet friend,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama Penny looks very cozy in her nest box! My duck could take some lessons from her. :)

    I remember the first time I saw how pineapples grow. We were on holiday in Hawaii and came across a pineapple plantation. I thought the tiny pineapples were just the most amazing things! LUcky you having them in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've heard the song "Puppy Love"? This post is Chickie Love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We LOVE pineapple around here! My mom has managed to grow some a time or two, it takes a long time. How cute the puffballs are!
    Happy rose growing:)
    Blessings & Peace, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..the fruits and vegetation you show are lucsious! We don't have that here in Texas. I love your camera shots..they're great. What kind of camera do you use? Love your chickens..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I use a Panasonic DMC-FZ40. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations with the prunning. I love those little mama Penny and her puffballs :)
    Blessings,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is so peaceful. It's like going on a vacation without leaving home. :o) I LOVE that your roses rooted for you. Yay!! The chickens nest does look cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mama Penny and the Puffballs made my day! Growing a pineapple is quite an accomplishment, you definitely have a green thumb. Patience is indeed a virtue, it's a hard one for me!

    ReplyDelete