Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Coffee Morning...

This morning, I was up before the chickens...
early it was, early


and on my way to let the chickens out of the coop...


I stopped to smell the roses

they are starting to fade a bit as more buds are making their way out...
but, they still look pretty and still give out their fragrance


a good morning for a cup of cafe con leche


while the goat milk is heating up...
the raw sugar and freeze dried coffee come out of the cupboard


it's a good morning for coffee


and before the rest of the morning chores...
a moment to relax and meditate


I will meditate also of all Thy work,
and talk of Thy doings.
Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary:
who is so great a God as our God?
Thou art the God that doest wonders:
Thou hast declared Thy strength among the people.
Psalm 77:12

May your day, or night be relaxed in the grace of the Lord.

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful...absolutely beautiful.
    And I want some of your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are surrounded by such beauty where you live! I always enjoy your photos.

    I love to rise early. It's so peaceful and quiet--the perfect time to seek the Lord, as you know. Your post reminded me of this verse, "...those that seek me early shall find me" Proverbs 8: 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No better way to begin the morning!

    Morning time is my favorite time of the day.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts, and gorgeous pictures :)

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Jean - nice to meet you - thanks for your visit! Your blog is so pretty, and I'm really jealous of you living in the Caribbean - wow! One of my favorite places to go...
    I'm going to follow you back, too, so I can come back and see what you're up to - right now, I'm going to check out your polenta post - we LOVE polenta, too! Perhaps you'll do a recipe sometime? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW~ I love your beautiful kitchen, Jean!
    I really enjoyed seeing the pictures from your corner of the world.... and I enjoyed the scripture too. I love getting up early and just enjoying the morning.
    Your cuppa looks DELICIOUS.
    By the way, did I tell you hom much I loved your kitchen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful way to start the day, specially with God by your side! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am NOT a morning person but do find myself enjoying those early mornings after school is out but my body is still on it's regular schedule. I also love to enjoy my garden in the early quiet with a big cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar. :o) Beautiful roses and wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a gorgeous view! and coffee... I love my morning coffee so much that I'd probably have coffee withdrawal if I was unable to have my blessed cup (well maybe not that bad :O)
    .... No other, there's no other God like our God. I'm so thankful for His grace.
    Hope your weekend is going peaceful.
    Blessings, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! If you ever come to the states, you must stop by to share a cup of coffee on the back porch, very early in the morning. :) My favorite time of day as well. I love the quiet, and stillness, before the world wakes up. It's a gift to the early risers. Can't help but think on our God in times like that.

    ReplyDelete