Friday, July 6, 2012

Amber Sweetness...

This, is pure gold candy for me...

my husband and I have bits of honeycomb instead of buying candy...
for the times we get a little sweet tooth


the honey is sweet and flowery which gives me a boost when my sugar is low

and the wax is a delight to chew on...
helping to clean the teeth as the honey is savored from the waxy candy

while store candy doesn't benefit the body...
raw honey has so many nutrients in an anti-microbiotic environment...
that feeds the body vitamins and minerals rich in raw honey
B vitamins, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese...
 phosphorous, potassium, selenium, silicon, zinc...
and of course, amylase which helps break down starches into sugar

I love to decorate the jar with some real greenery out of the garden


and how the honey matches my bamboo lamp...
amber is a beautiful color...
it just smacks of delicious


this little crystal jar holds the bits and pieces of honeycomb we harvest with the honey


keeping a hor d'oeuvre fork next to it makes the honeycomb bits ...

easier to pick up out of the jar


and we just take the bit in our fingers and chew that golden sweetness out

this is indeed, a golden blessing from the Lord


May the Lord bless your day or night with sweetness.

9 comments :

  1. I chewed honeycomb before, you can have it! Gimlet all your jelly beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me your jellybeans. Dang autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey is the sweetest nectar...what a gift from Our Lord!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are a girl after my own heart..... I too love fresh honeycomb.
    I remember asking for honeycomb for Christmas one year~~~~LOL!
    And, Santa brought me some too!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love honey and often have it with Greek yogurt. :o) My garden is full of honeybees and I've often wondered what honey from my flowers would taste like. I've never chewed honeycomb. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey really is a beautiful miracle. For awhile we kept my son's hives before he made the move to Washington State. The day after I photographed his hives there recently a group of swarming bees took up residence in an empty hive. It was a small celebration for us all that day. Love your pretty little jar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweetness! I just started (well about a year ago) to buy raw honey from a local bee keeper. Everytime I make fresh bed I can't resist a sweet teaspoon or two just for myself :)
    Hope all is well there at the cottage.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post...telling such a "sweet" story..
    great photos...

    Cheers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts always make me hungry for the good things!!!

    ReplyDelete