Green Banana Day...

While we wait for our bite size "baby bananas" to ripen...
my favorite bananas with their sweet, mild apple-like flavor...


our bigger banana species are ready for the market


they are picked while still green, but not too green, and will be used for cooking...
or allowed to ripen for eating as a snack


my husband cuts each hand from off a bunch


being careful not to cut or bruise them


we are picky about selling our bananas and want them in good condition for the customers


once each hand has been separated from the main branch...


they are hosed down to clean debris and any tiny critters hanging around on them


once they are dried, the bananas are then packed into the wagon and taken to market


with all the bananas we have on the farm...
I am thinking of making my own green banana flour

I will need a couple of very sunny days to dry the cooked and sliced green bananas in the sun...
then, ground into a flour with my grinder

hopefully, I can post how it's done at a later date

May the Lord bless your day, or night in His grace.