A Wee Widdle Newbie...


Let me introduce you to our newest, weeist, widdlest Pilgrim's Farm puffball


this teeny baby hatched from one of our tiny eggs from one of our small bantam hens

I have to admit to wondering if such a small egg could hatch a chicken
it did and this puffball is so small, I think she would fit quite nicely in a finch's nest

can you see her tiny comb?
just two teeny points above her nostrils
I donned the gloves because this baby's mama usually does not like her chickies picked up
and she is good at giving a wallop of a peck

for now, we call this puffball a "she" until we know better...
always hoping for more hens
in about two or three weeks, I can usually tell if it's a hen or rooster
so far, hen chicks have been outnumbering rooster chicks...
and that is quite nice, we say
this wee one will be a hen...
her colors tell me so
I'll let you know in a few weeks if I'm right

more eggs, please


mama Kitty likes to bring her baby under the cottage


and I must say...


I'm proud of my dogs for leaving my chickens alone...


all of them...
even the tiny chicks


mamas feel safe bringing their chicks around them


sleep in safety, wee puffball

isn't it marvelous how God creates?!



Wherefore, Thou art great, O Lord God:
for there is none like Thee,
neither is there any God beside Thee,
according to all that we have heard with our ears.
2 Samuel 7:22

May your day or night be blessed in God's grace.