Thursday, June 2, 2011

Whatsoever He Pleased...

Good morning or day or evening...
wherever you may be.


Little Orphan Annie and her sidekick, Macho Kid (on the right)...
enjoying frisky moments in the field.
I checked on the goats and moved some to other pasture.
As you can see below...
one mama goat is watching me, looking for a treat.
She forgot she already had some.


We have new banana trees coming up...
 I love the fields when they are full of trees.
Watching my goats is a relaxing time...
but, the potager garden needs looking after, too.
So, mama goat turns to eat and I go on my way.


I have a little garden girl in the potager garden who sits and...
 well, sits.
She doesn't do a thing except look nice around my herbs.
After a soft rain, she looks like she's been crying.


But, I can assure you...
she has not been crying.
She is a reminder to me to be content and quiet...


and reminds me that...
"...in whatsoever state I am, to be content"
Phillipians 4:11

For I know...
"Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did He in heaven, and in earth,
in the seas, and all deep places"
Psalm 135:6

It is a great comfort to know that...
"...our God is in the heavens:
He hath done whatsoever He hath pleased"
Psalm 115:3

My Lord is perfectly sovereign in every way...
and can only do that which is perfect.
Blessed be the Lord.

May the Lord Jesus Christ be your sovereign contentment.

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for the lovely words! Your goats are very cute! I really like your statue in the garden...what a sweet meaning you've given her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many times a day I have to remind myself that is about His will not mine.

    I love seeing the goats and can just picture the little ones playing like children. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a machete you are carrying? Oh, my goodness, this truly took me back to my childhood...

    We used it to cut down the coconuts from the trees and then split them open...pure bliss :)

    Thank you for that,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your pictures! So different from our neck of the woods in Michigan, but yet the same! Makes me realize how many of "us" are out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After Hurricane Ivan, banana was the first green thing to come back.

    ReplyDelete